VLC Beta (NEON version) v0.0.2
Requirements: Android: 2.1 and up
Overview: VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.
This is a BETA version of the port to the Android™ platform. It is intended for power users and hackers. This version is NOT stable and is slower than the final version.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
It might kill your kitten, destroy your house and start the mayan apocalypse.
Use it at your own risk. Have Fun!
This version is ONLY for devices with a CPU ARMv7 that will support NEON. Other devices will be supported by other applications, very soon.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustements and gestures to control volume.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, covert art and a complete audio media library.
As this is an early BETA version, a lot of things are not finished, but will change for the final release:
• The basic User Interface will change;
• Performance improvements are missing;
• Some audio issues might occur;
• Hardware decoding works only with a limited set of hardware;
• Other unknown issues.
• It needs hardware control, in order to change the audio volume;
• It needs phone calls control, in order to pause the music when someone is calling;
• It needs full Internet access to open network streams;
• It needs to be able to read logs, during the beta version, to understand the issues;
• It needs to get access to the SD card storage, in order to allow deletion of files.
More Info:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Download Instructions:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]